- November 15, 2017
Annual Giving Manager
Annual Giving Manager
Company: Step Up
Date Posted: November 9, 2017
STEP UP is a 501 c 3 nonprofit with a mission to deliver compassionate support to people experiencing serious mental illness to help them recover, stabilize, and integrate into the community. Through dynamic partnerships, we provide positive social and learning environments, vocational training, permanent supportive housing opportunities, and recovery services to empower individuals to cultivate lives of hope and dignity. We exercise innovative leadership and advocacy to increase public understanding, support and acceptance of all people living with mental illness.
Step Up works in Southern California and Florida. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA.
This is an exciting opportunity for an excellent Development candidate looking to make impact for a growing organization offering the capacity for growth with the position. The ideal candidate will be a creative and strategic thinker with both proven and innovative methods to cultivate, solicit, and steward Annual Donors based on giving levels by mining the database to raise the most funds in support of Step Up’s General Operations.
The Annual Giving Manager is a key member of Step Up’s Community Development Fundraising Team and is responsible for raising a minimum of $350,000 through mid-and entry-level donors annually. The Annual Giving Manager will work closely with other key Development team members. The person in this position must be self-directed and capable of working independently and collaboratively with limited oversight. The Annual Giving Manager reports to the Vice President of Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides highly effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship systems for donors contributing up to $10,000 annually with the purpose of renewing and/or upgrading them to higher giving levels.
- Oversees Moves Management in SalesForce database to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of donor contacts, ongoing communications with current and potential donors, and to ensure data integrity.
- Designs and Implements a highly effective plan for new donor acquisition.
- Designs and Implements a highly effective plan monthly recurring gifts.
- Identifies donors with capacity to give at the Major Gift level and informs Vice President.
- Meets Annual Giving revenue goals.
- Works with all areas of Development to support multiple special campaigns, including multi-year strategies for Annual gifts, signature projects, legacy giving, and other capital needs.
- Responsible for monthly donor newsletter, both in print and digital.
- Partners with Development team, Step Up staff, volunteers, and appropriate resources as needed to meet department objectives.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ successful experience in nonprofit development, sales or customer service with Annual Giving experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of fundraising.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and database navigation. Previous CRM experience required.
- Proven track-record of identifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts from donors.
- Exemplary diplomacy, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to set priorities; coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and convey complicated procedures clearly and succinctly.
- Establish working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively with senior staff, involving them, as appropriate, in the cultivation and solicitation process for individual donors.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Occasional night and weekend work necessary.
- Desire for advancement.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Salary: DOE ($60k+)
Full-Time Exempt Position. Generous benefits including Vacation/Sick, 403B, Health Insurance.
Anticipated start date: January 2018. Step Up is an EOE.
Send resume and cover letter to Deidre Strohm, Vice President of Development – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled. Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com