- March 22, 2017
Recuperative Care – Supportive Services Coordinator I
Step Up - Orange County
Recuperative Care Program – Orange County, Anaheim CA.
Recuperative Care – SUPPORTIVE SERVICES COORDINATOR I
SUMMARY: The Supportive Services Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and coordinating a program in partnership with staff from the hospital emergency rooms. The purpose is to provide coordination of care, develop the client’s capacity to engage in life skills development, coping mechanisms that nurture their well-being, and set personal goals. The Supportive Services Coordinator will also provide linkage and referral services to residents to increase housing stability.
DUTIES: Primary duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meet with hospital staff at the ER to discuss patient enrollment criteria and obtain any pertinent background information on participant
- Complete Intake of Service Needs
- Identify any imminent needs and ensure coordination of care with the hospital staff
- Obtain appropriate authorizations for release of information with hospital treatment and services team; Obtain background information on residents from previous providers as needed
- Complete participant service plans and update as necessary
- Coordinate onsite care with hospital providers (including nursing visits and in-home medical appointments)
- Provide appropriate referrals, linkages and resources to maintain housing
- Regular visits with participants
- Staff available for participant emergency
- Facilitate weekly onsite participant meetings
- Coordinate with community partners to bring services onsite
- Provide advocacy for participant needs
- Teach independent living skills
- Build and sustain trusting relationships with participant and remove barriers to stability
- Referrals to substance abuse programs as appropriate
REPORTS TO: Director of Supportive Services – OC
HOURS: Up to 30 HOURS PER WEEK
Classification; P/T, non-benefitted, Non-Exempt
SALARY: Service Coordinator I
Skills: Knowledge of or experience with assessment of level of functioning, EBP’s such as Motivational interviewing, DBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapies, Trauma Informed Care, Housing First and Harm Reduction. Ability to work on a team, take direction and work independently. Have knowledge of independent living skills such as cooking, managing a limited budget, general housekeeping, being a good neighbor, using public transportation, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must have own transportation and current California driver’s license and insurance. Position requires occasional driving and transporting. Strong computer skills required.
Please send cover letter of interest, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or fax to (310) 394-6883
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org